- 1 – 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2T - ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup Dutch process or dark cocoa powder
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ¼ t kosher salt
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, maple syrup (I start with 2T and add more if needed), cocoa powder, vanilla, kosher salt, and 2 tablespoons water to the bowl of a food processor.
- Puree for 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl. Taste; if necessary, add more syrup until it has reached desired level of sweetness. Add additional 1 to 2 tablespoons water and puree again until hummus has turned to a creamy consistency.
- Enjoy with your favorite Abby’s Cookies or Remy’s Grahams as dippers!
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days...if you can make them last that long!