- Crush the cookies in a food processor or by hand with a meat tenderizer.
- Add the melted butter and stir.
- Pat down in a 9 x 13 glass or metal pan and cook for 7 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
- Once finished, add the sweetened condensed milk and smooth it out evenly over the cookie crust with a spoon.
- Top with the chocolate chips, coconut flakes (optional) and pumpkin seeds.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and cool before cutting.
Growing up, I used to love Seven Layer Bars. The buttery cookie crust pairs so deliciously with the gooey condensed milk/chocolate filling and the salty nuts on top. Having kids with life-threatening nut allergies, I've crossed these off my list for years. But with some easy substitutes, I found a reason to bring them back.
--Debby Beerman, SAFE + FAIR Brand Ambassador, @clean.label.mom