The Safe + Fair Food Company
The Safe + Fair Food Company develops and manufactures allergy friendly consumer packaged foods for the 15 million food allergic people of the United States. Our mission is to create clean label food and to ensure that it is Safe and is Fair priced while using non-GMO ingredients, no artificial flavors, and no high-fructose corn syrup. The company was founded by two dads, each with children that have food allergies, to provide wholesome and delicious nut-free cookies. Over the past few years, Safe + Fair has expanded and is continuing to expand consumer offerings into multiple categories that the food allergic community needs throughout their day.
As the Supply Chain Quality Specialist reporting to the Director of Operations, it will be your responsibility to work with manufacturers to ensure compliance with Safe + Fair’s rigorous allergen controls and to implement efficiencies in allergen controls. With direction from the SVP of Innovation, you will be spearheading and maintaining Gluten-Free certification, non-GMO project verification, vegan certification, etc. as they apply to our products. You will be a key asset in the new product development process where it may be required to collaborate with S + F team members and manufacturers to facilitate development and production of products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Update and maintain all annual quality requirements (certificates, audits, statements) by manufacturing site via primarily desktop audits.
- Manage the database of allergen controls and quality results vertically through the supply chain from raw ingredients through produced consumer goods.
- Review and document Certificates of Analysis on produced goods to authorize product release into fulfillment channels
- Organize, prepare, file, and maintain status for Gluten Free certification, non-GMO project verification, vegan certification, etc. as applicable for the product portfolio
- Work closely with the Operations and Finance teams to ensure raw ingredients and materials are supplied on-time to maintain ongoing production
- Develop and implement solutions to continuously improve on quality related processes
- Maintain product technical specifications with the development and operations teams
- The mission for all team members is the growth and success of The Safe + Fair Food Company and at times will require this individual to work outside of established roles and responsibilities
- Up to 10% travel is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food, Engineering, Science or related field of study
- 0 – 5+ years job experience working with documentation or project management
- Ability to read, review, and interpret technical literature with a pronounced depth of understanding
- Maintain organization in work with strong attention to detail
- Must be willing to step into different facets of the business to promote growth of the organization
- Experience with FDA, SQF, HACCP, GF certification, non-GMO verification is a plus, but is not required
If you are interested in applying to a job at The Safe + Fair Food Company, please send an email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.