Looking for a healthy, hassle-free, holiday-inspired breakfast that’s certain to add a touch of merry + bright to breakfast time? This creative and easy-to-follow recipe requires just a handful of simple, plant-based ingredients, and is packed with protein thanks to Vanilla Ice Cream Kids Protein Powder. The star of this delicious dish, however, has to be limited edition Gingerbread Granola, a festive fan favorite available just around the holiday season!
Easily customizable, this vegan French toast offers a deliciously crunchy twist to a classic favorite while providing the perfect blank canvas for your favorite breakfast toppings. So if you’re ready to add a bit of tastiness to the most wonderful time of year, read on!
What You’ll Need…
- 1 can of chickpeas (reserve 1/2 cup of the “aquafaba” brine)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Ice Cream Kids Protein Powder
- 4 slices gluten-free bread
- 2 cups Gingerbread Granola
- *Optional additions: cinnamon, maple syrup for sweetness, or alternative sweetener of choice.
What You’ll Do…
- Place the Gingerbread Granola in a food processor and pulse until it breaks down into small crumb sized pieces. If you don't have a food processor, you can place the granola inside a plastic resealable bag and crush it with a rolling pin. Pour the granola into a shallow dish and set it aside for later.
- Drain the chickpeas and reserve the l starchy chickpea brine (aquafaba).
- In a large flat bowl, mix 1/2 cup of aquafaba with the protein powder until no lumps remain. If desired, add optional ingredients to the mixture (cinnamon, maple syrups, or sweetener of choice) now.
- Soak both sides of each bread slice in the mixture until fully coated.
- Place the soaked bread into the dish with the Gingerbread Granola & coat both sides.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan on medium-high with cooking oil, plant-based butter alternative, or cooking spray. Fry each side of the french toast for 2 minutes or until golden on each side.
- Transfer french toast to a plate and sprinkle with an additional handful of Gingerbread Granola as well as any additional toppings of choice. Some of our favorites include fresh berries, sliced bananas, dairy-free yogurt, powdered sugar, and coco-whip.
- Serve & enjoy!