Whether you’re hosting a viewing party to cheer on your favorite team, or just looking to spice up your snack time, there’s no shortage of ways to enjoy the ultimate delicious duo that is chips + dip.
With spring and summertime celebrations just around the corner, we thought it was the perfect time to share our favorite plant-based chip + dip combinations and recipes to kick off the season of snacking. Ready to dive into our most deductible (& vegan!) chip + dip recipes? Let’s dive (or should we say, dip) in!
Chipotle Fake’n Guacamole + Sweet Jalapeño Vegan Protein Chips
Pairing smokey chipotle, crispy plant-based bacon, + creamy avocado with sweet + crunchy Sweet Jalapeño Vegan Protein Chips, this chip-dip duo is delightfully addictive and surprisingly good-for-you combination that’s sure to become a party time snack staple.
- 3 avocados, ripe
- 1 tbsp Olo’s Chipotle Paste
- 12 oz. Plant-Based Bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- crumbled vegan feta cheese
- Safe + Fair Sweet Jalapeño Vegan Protein Chips
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit and skin and place in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork and make it as chunky or smooth as you’d like and add the remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime, & Safe + Fair Sweet Jalapeño Vegan Protein Chips
Creamy Vegan Caramelized Onion + Garlic Dip + Hickory BBQ Vegan Protein Chips
Combining the savory notes of hickory BBQ flavor and rich, subtly-sweet caramelized onion, this chip + dip pair is a crowd-pleasing party appetizer that we guarantee will leave your guests begging for the recipe (and shocked to learn that it’s plant-based and allergy-free!).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole head garlic
- 2 large onions , peeled, cut in half then sliced finely
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 package silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar , or lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Up to ¼ cup plant-based milk , unsweetened & unflavored
- Safe + Fair Hickory BBQ Vegan Protein Chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Keep the garlic head all in one piece (don't break off individual cloves) and slice about ¼ inch straight off the top, exposing the inside of the cloves inside.
- Take a square of tin foil, grease it lightly with olive oil, then put the garlic head cut side down in the middle of the foil and wrap it tightly.
- Bake in the oven for around 40 minutes. After this time check it. It should be really soft if you give it a squeeze. Give it another 5 minutes or so if it's not. Once completely soft remove from the oven and allow to cool in the foil.
- While the garlic is roasting, heat a sauté pan over a medium low heat with the olive oil. Once hot add the sliced onion. Cook slowly for around 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once the onion is soft and starting to turn golden, add the sugar and stir well.
- Continue to cook for another 5 minutes or so until a deep golden brown, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the tofu, nutritional yeast, white miso, vinegar and salt to a blender.
- Take the roasted garlic head and gently squeeze the garlic out of the papery skins and into the blender along with about half of the onion.
- Blend until completely smooth. Check the consistency and add milk as needed to get a nice dip consistency.
- Add the thyme and the rest of the onion and stir to distribute.
- Spoon into a serving dish and garnish with more caramelized onion & serve with Safe + Fair Hickory BBQ Vegan Protein Chips.
Vegan Dark Chocolate-Dipped Sea Salt Vegan Protein Chips
What do you get when you pair decadent dark chocolate with perfectly seasoned Pea Protein Chips sprinkled with sea salt? You get the ultimate salty-sweet snack you’ll crave again and again. The best part? With natural, plant-based ingredients, you don’t have to think twice about indulging in this healthy treat!
- 1 Package Safe + Fair Sea Salt Vegan Protein Chips
- 1 cup melted vegan dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup vegan sprinkles
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup chopped dried fruit (dried goji berries, pineapple, apricots, freeze-dried strawberries, or candied ginger)
- Sprinkle of ground cinnamon or cayenne pepper
- Add the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl, microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and then heat for 15 more seconds. Repeat at 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until they are completely melted.
- Use a spoon to cover the top of the Sea Salt Vegan Protein Chips with the melted chocolate. Place each chip onto a cookie sheet. Immediately top with your preferred toppings. Allow to cool and enjoy!