Today, we’re sharing a fresh-baked bread recipe unlike any other bread you’ve sliced into before! Pairing two foodie favorites, homemade bread + buttery popcorn, this Gluten-Free Popcorn Bread is about to rock your world with it’s poppin’+ peculiar (in the most delicious way possible) flavor! The star of this craveable culinary creation? Binge Watching Buttery Seasoned Popcorn, which adds a rich, savory taste that takes this fresh baked bread to a whole new level of tastiness.
With a medley of wholesome, clean ingredients, this bread is equal parts unique + craveworthy. So whether you follow a gluten-free diet or are simply seeking a tantalizing twist on traditional bread, our Gluten-Free Popcorn Bread is sure to become a new favorite + certain to level up your plain-jane toast, sandwiches, + french toasts recipes.
Ready to DOUGH where no bread has gone before? Read on!
What You’ll Need…
- 1 cup Binge Watching Buttery Seasoned Popcorn flour (see instructions below)
- 6 Tablespoons hot water
- 2 Tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vanilla dairy or dairy-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons light agave nectar or honey
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour OR brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2/3 cup powdered milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 packet) rapid rise gluten-free yeast
What You’ll Do…
For the Binge Watching Buttery Seasoned Popcorn Flour:
Use a small bowl food processor or blender, as the popcorn is very light and will float away from the blade if given too much room in the bowl. Pulse until the popcorn is completely pulverized and relatively smooth.
For the Popcorn Bread…
- Sift dry ingredients (except yeast) together in a large bowl and set aside. Add hot water to the flaxseed meal and once it becomes viscous, pour it into a large mixing bowl along with the eggs, yogurt, cider vinegar, olive oil and agave. Beat until well-mixed.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients and beat until incorporated. Add the yeast last and beat an additional 2-3 minutes, to ensure that the yeast is fully mixed into the dough.
- Scoop dough into an oiled loaf pan. Spray parchment paper with cooking oil or dampen a clean kitchen towel and cover the loaf, setting it aside to rise in a warm place like a warming drawer or an oven preheated to 200º F and turned off.
- Let the bread rise for at least 30 minutes, or until the bread has risen to the top of the pan, then bake in an oven preheated to 350º F (static) or 325º F (convection).
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, it sounds hollow when thumped, and an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the bread reads 205º F.