Indulge in a guilt-free treat packed with wholesome ingredients and warm, apple cinnamon goodness. Featuring plant-based Kids Vanilla Ice Cream Protein Powder & a mix of nutrient-dense, gluten-free ingredients, these delicious muffins are the perfect balance of sweetness, nutritious, & comfort. Pairing sweet notes of brown sugar and a touch of cinnamon batter with a crunchy, gluten-free Honeycrisp Apple Pie Granola crumble, these muffins offer the perfect balance of taste and texture. Follow this simple recipe, and in no time, you'll have a batch of protein-packed, gluten-free muffins that are great for breakfast, snacks, or anytime you're craving a delectable, guilt-free treat.
What You’ll Need…
- 1 1/3 cup (160g) fine oat flour* (can blend oats into flour)
- 1 cup Safe + Fair Kids Vanilla Ice Cream Protein Powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 cup apple, grated
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce*
- 6 tbsp. water + 3 tbsp. ground flaxseed
Granola Crumble Topping:
- 1/2 cup Safe + Fair Honeycrisp Apple Pie Granola
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- 2 tbsp. vegan buttery spread
What You’ll Do…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients for muffins (through salt) in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients (through almond butter) and mix just until no dry clumps remain (batter will be thick, almost like dough).
- Generously coat twelve wells of a nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray. If using cupcake liners, lightly coat insides with cooking spray.
- Divide batter between wells evenly and press down with wetted fingers.
- Combine granola crumble ingredients in a small bowl and spoon over top muffins, one heaping tablespoon each.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until a toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for 10-15 minutes.