We believe in good tasting food and good for you food. Here at Safe + Fair, we use nutritionally rich whole grain rolled oats in our craveworthy granolas. The oats we use are third party verified, certified gluten-free so they’re safe for everyone to enjoy.
Oats, specifically whole rolled oats are a powerhouse ancient cereal grain that is one of the best whole grains to include in your diet. There are so many healthful benefits packed into that small flattened grain, no wonder it’s one of the most popular grains around the world!
Rolled Whole Grain Oat Nutrition:
- One serving of rolled oats (40g) contains 140 calories, 5g protein, 2.5g fat, 27g carbs, 4g fiber, and 0g sugar.
- Oats are considered a resistant starch due to its unique ability to bind with water in the body. This type of starch “functions like fiber, escaping digestion and improving gut health by feeding your friendly gut bacteria.”
- The fiber in oats allows for slow digestion, leaving you feeling fuller and more satisfied for longer periods of time, helping to eat less.
- Oats are packed with minerals such as manganese, phosphorus, copper, Vitamin B1, iron, selenium, magnesium, and zinc.
- Some would call oats a superfood due to its antioxidant profile which includes avenathramide, ferulic acid, and phytic acid. These help reduce inflammation throughout the body.
Healthy Benefits For You:
- Whole grain oats have been shown in numerous studies to reduce the risk of heart disease. Oats help to lower LDL cholesterol levels and blood pressure due to their beta glucan content.
- The beta glucans and soluble fibers in whole oats also help to control blood sugar and help to prevent Type 2 Diabetes. Whole oats can help improve insulin sensitivity and prevent glucose spikes.
- Since oats can keep you feeling fuller for longer, they can be used as a delicious and nutritious whole grain for those looking to low weight or maintain their weight.
- Oats help improve your gut health! From their fiber content and as a resistant starch, they help to diversify your gut microbiome with prebiotics and improve regularity in your system.
By using whole grain rolled oats in Safe + Fair granolas, we give you a delicious, and still nutritious, way to include this superfood in your diet. Certified gluten-free, minimally processed, and lightly baked, our oats maintain their nutritious health profile.
Rolled oats are made by taking the oat groat, removing the hard outer husk, lightly steaming the grain, and then rolling it flat into its “old-fashioned” flake form. From there we take these rolled flakes are lightly bake them with our signature craveable flavors to bring you one of the most delicious foods you’ve ever tasted!