Sunflower seed oil is made from pressing sunflower seeds to extract the natural oils within. There are actually 4 different varieties of sunflower seeds used for oil, with each composed of different fatty acid compositions for different applications.
Sunflower Oil Nutrition:
- One tablespoon serving contains 120 calories and 14g of unsaturated fat. 3g are monounsaturated and 9g are polyunsaturated.
- Monounsaturated fats (oleic acid) help increase good cholesterol while polyunsaturated fats (linoleic acid) are made of Omega 3s and Omega 6s.
- It is high in Vitamin E and in one serving contains 37% of your daily recommended value. It is also high in Vitamin K.
Healthy Benefits For You:
- The Omega-6 fatty acids in high oleic sunflower help lower bad LDL cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
- Sunflower oil is a great vegan and allergen-free source of Omega 3 fatty acids which are typically found in fish like salmon and tuna. These fatty acids help reduce inflammation, promote cardiovascular health, and are essential to healthy cell function.
- The vitamin E content is an important antioxidant that helps keep your immune system in shape!
This natural allergy-friendly plant oil allows our granolas and popcorns to maintain their nutritious, clean-label seal and keep our foods crispy, crunchy, and flavorful! The flavor doesn’t take away from our craveworthy flavors, plus you don’t have to worry about nuts or any highly processed saturated oils.