Looking for a devilishly delicious dessert recipe that you’ll never believe is nutrient AND protein packed? Today, we're sharing a show stopping, plant-based Angel Food Cake recipe that's perfect for anyone looking to indulge their sweet tooth while staying mindful of their dietary choices. This sweet treat offers a little slice of heaven in each bite while remaining completely allergy-friendly, making it suitable & enjoyable for those with and without dietary restrictions. With Safe + Fair's Vanilla Ice Cream Kids Protein Powder as a star ingredient, you'll be savoring a guilt-free dessert that's both delicious and nutritious.
What You’ll Need…
- 3/4 cup of Aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- 1 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar
- 1 scoop of Safe + Fair Vanilla Ice Cream Kids Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp of coconut flour
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour
What You’ll Do…
- Preheat your oven to 330°F. Preparing your oven in advance ensures it's ready when your angel food cake is perfected and ready to bake.
- To whip up the aquafaba: In a large mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup of aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas) with 1 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar. Using a hand mixer, start on a low speed and gradually increase it to high. Beat the mixture for a total of 8-10 minutes until it transforms into fluffy, stiff peaks.
- After at least 8 minutes of whipping, add a tablespoon of coconut flour to the aquafaba mixture and continue to beat for another minute. Repeat this process with Safe + Fair's Vanilla Ice Cream Kids Protein Powder, adding it gradually. This step ensures that your cake is protein-packed and flavorful.
- Now, it's time to add the gluten-free flour to the mixture. Do this gently and gradually, sifting 1/4 cup at a time into the aquafaba mixture using a fine mesh strainer. After each addition, gently fold the flour into the mixture using a rubber spatula. This process ensures that your cake batter is light and airy.
- Pour and evenly spread the fluffy batter into an angel food cake pan. Make sure it's spread out uniformly for even baking.
- Place the cake pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. To ensure even baking, remember to rotate the pan halfway through the baking process.
- Once your angel food cake is beautifully baked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for about 3 hours. This step ensures that your cake maintains its light and airy texture.
- After the cake has cooled, run a thin knife around the edges of the pan and gently tap it on the counter until the cake releases. Now, your Protein-Packed Plant-Based Angel Food Cake is ready to be sliced, savored, + served!