No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this contest. A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins November 1, 2018, 12:00 PM EST and ends November 20, 2018, 12:00 AM EST, when all entries must be received (“Promotion Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members and employees of the Sponsor or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse) and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This Promotion is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. All entries will be judged on or about December 7, 2018, (the “Judging Date”). The entries will be judged based on the following criteria: quality (33%), originality (33%) and alignment with SAFE + FAIR brand values (34%) i.e. the winning entry will not contain peanuts or tree-nuts or any product that may contain them. The entry with highest overall score will be declared the potential winner (in the event of a tie, the entry with the higher score in the alignment with brand values criteria will prevail). Any potential winner will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone on or about December 20th. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her; (iii) refuses the prize; and/or (iv) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Promotion.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be one (1) winner. The prize is a $500 gift card to Williams Sonoma, a year’s supply of Safe + Fair products (1 box of snacks or 1 bundle of chips per month) and publication of Submission, in part or in whole, on https://www.safeandfair.com/pages/living-safe-fair and on Safe + Fair social media channels.
6. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
7. OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. All entry materials become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of the entrant, but entry into this Promotion constitutes entrant’s irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation, with or without attribution, to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance or display such Submission, and the entrant’s name and/or likeness, for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration or the copyright in the Submission. Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt and modify the Submission.
8. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
9. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Official Rules is invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be removed from the Official Rules without affecting the rest of the Terms. The remaining provisions of these Official Rules will continue to be valid and enforceable. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Chicago, IL. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Illinois and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Illinois. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
10. SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by The Safe + Fair Food Company, 1 N LaSalle Street, Suite 1515, Chicago, IL 60602 (individually and collectively, the “Sponsor”).