Nothing screams summer quite like an ice cream sandwich. So, as the weather heats up along with a craving for chilled snacks, we wanted to drop a delicious dessert recipe that’s as tasty as it is chock-full of natural, nutritious ingredients.
Pairing creamy, custard-like banana nice cream with a craveable, crunchy granola cookie crust, these Banana Split Nice Cream Bars are certain to become your families go-to sweet treat to beat the heat all summer long.
Banana Split Nice Cream Bars
What You’ll Need
For the Granola Cookie Crust
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5 bags Safe + Fair Banana Bread Granola
For the Banana Nice Cream
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 frozen bananas
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
What You’ll Do
To make the Granola Cookie Crust
- Use a small saucepan over low heat to melt the butter, honey and salt together for just 30-45 seconds.
- In a large bowl, add the one and a half bags of Safe + Fair Banana Bread Granola and then pour the butter/honey mixture over the granola.
- Stir to coat the granola and then firmly press granola into a buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- Put the baking dish into the freezer to set the crust.
To make the Banana Nice Cream
- In a food processor, pulse the frozen banana until it has crumbled.
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and a pinch of salt.
- Blend until everything is smooth and creamy.
To Assemble the Banana Split Nice Cream Bars
- Take the baking dish with the crust out of the freezer and pour the banana nice cream over the top in a nice even layer.
- Top with a few sprinkles of Banana Bread Granola and place back into the freezer, covered for 6 hours prior to slicing and serving.