What better way to celebrate the last few weeks of spring than with a creamy, dreamy, fruit-forward treat that’s both delicious + simple to whip up for parties, get-togethers, or whenever a craving for sweet strikes!
Pairing Safe + Fair Strawberry Shortcake Granola with rich, custard-like cheesecake filling, this treat is certainly a delicious + fun way to bid farewell to spring as we welcome the summer season with open, sunblock-coated arms.
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake Bars
For the Strawberry Shortcake Granola Crust:
- 1 bag Safe + Fair Strawberry Shortcake Granola
- 1.5 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick butter, melted
For the Strawberry Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1.5 cup heavy whipping cream
- Strawberry preserves
To Make the Crust:
- To make the Strawberry Shortcake Granola Crust simply pour the granola, graham cracker crumbs and melted butter into a food processor and blend until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Firmly press crumbs into a 10x12 square dish that is lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes to set and let cool completely before filling.
To Make the Cheesecake Filling:
- Get started on the cheesecake filling while the crust is cooling.
- Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Set this to the side.
- Next, take the whipping cream and with a handheld mixer whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture until everything is fully incorporated.
- Pour and spread cheesecake filling evenly over the crust.
- Lastly, dollop strawberry preserves on top of the cheesecake.
- Use a toothpick to swirl the preserves to make a pretty design.
- Cover dish with clear wrap and allow the cheesecake bars to sit overnight in the fridge prior to slicing and enjoying.