Pea protein is the perfect complete plant-based protein source that’s naturally vegan and hypoallergenic. We use yellow pea protein in our Kids Protein Powders and Pea Protein Chips. This natural plant protein isolate gives Safe + Fair products the powerful nutrition you’re looking for!
Pea protein comes from isolating the protein content in ground up yellow peas resulting in a protein powder. Grinding the yellow peas up and isolating the protein into a powder form allows you to get more protein for less calories and volume.
Pea Protein Nutrition:
- One 20g serving of pure pea protein powder contains only 80 calories, 15g protein, 1g carbs, 1g fiber, 1.5g fat, 5mg iron.
- This high-quality and complete plant protein source contains all 9 essential amino acids that the body can not produce on its own. It is also one of the easiest plant proteins for the body to digest.
- This plant protein is uniquely rich in plant-based iron as well. When consumed with Vitamin C, the body can readily use this plant-based iron source without the need for meat!
Healthy Benefits For You:
- It’s a great protein for many special dietary needs. From vegans and vegetarians to those with the top 9 allergens such as dairy, eggs, soy, or gluten. It can be cross-reactive with peanuts (due to the fact that they are both legumes).
- A meat-free and cruelty-free way to add extra protein to your diet when looking to build and maintain muscle.
- It’s a great food to add to your diet when looking to lose or maintain your weight due to its satiating protein content, but relatively low calorie and fat content.
- It has also been shown to reduce your risk for heart disease by lowering cholesterol and reducing blood pressure.
This healthy natural plant protein was a no-brainer choice for Safe + Fair protein-based products. Vegan and allergen-friendly, it will help you get the easily digestible protein you and your family needs while tasting great and being versatile in use.
From our delicious Kids Protein Powders which can be used in everything from smoothies to baked goods, to our crispy popped pea protein chips, you never have to worry about getting enough protein in your diet. The next time you get the questions “But where do you get your protein?”, just tell them Safe + Fair has you covered!